Do you know these 10 facts about road safety from the World Health Organization?
- More than 1.2 million people die in road traffic crashes every year.
- As many as 50 million people are injured or disabled by road traffic crashes every year.
- Half of all crash victims are vulnerable road users such as pedestrians, cyclists, and motorcyclists.
- Road traffic crashes cost countries up to 4% of their Gross National Product.
- Correctly used seat-belts reduce the risk of death in a crash by 61%.
- Mandatory use of child restraints can reduce child deaths by 35%.
- Helmets reduce fatal and serious head injuries by up to 45%.
- Enforcing a drinking and driving law around the world could reduce alcohol-related crashes by 20%.
- For every 1 kmph (less than 1 mph) reduction in average speed, there is a 2% reduction in the number of crashes.
- Simple low-cost engineering measures are saving thousands of lives.
These 10 facts about road safety are shocking to read, but not exactly surprising. Think about your commute to and from work or anytime you have to run to the store, you probably see an accident once a day, or at the least several a week.
Many of the accidents you stumble across during your daily drives are caused by simple distraction. People on cell phones, people unsure of where they are going, people being distracted by the radio, kids, pets, or anything else can run stop signs or lights, rear end you, or run off the road.
Accidents are mostly preventable, with the exception of weather related incidents. We hope everyone can take driving seriously and help reduce these numbers. However, if you find yourself in need of vehicle repair in the Huntington, West Virginia area, we hope you’ll think of East End Body Shop. Our technicians are experts and will treat you with the same kindness and respect as they would their own family.
Remember to buckle up and keep your full attention on the road.
East End Body is a locally owned, family run collision repair center in the Teays Valley area. Our auto body technicians are specially trained to handle all your collision repair needs. “because you’ve got enough to deal with….” What is it that makes our company your...
Here at East End Body Shop, we are dedicated to our community. We want to make sure that every single person that walks into our shop leaves with a smile. Not only is customer service important to us but so is our community. It's important to us that we give back to...
Let’s reverse auto aging with auto body and collision repair Let’s be honest, there are a number of reasons you chose the vehicle you did. Maybe it was the crash test ratings, the reliability, or maybe it was simply the price. Most likely it was a combination of...
Our Huntington, Virginia collision center is a family owned auto body repair shop that has decades of experience backing us. We have been providing our community and the surrounding areas with quality auto repair service. We’re located at 3117 Ferris Court (31st...
Here at East End Body Shop, no auto body service job is too big or too small for our crew to tackle. We do it all with ease, whether it is minor dent removals or complete body repairs. Visit us and we can repair your car, truck, or other vehicle, you name it and we...
We know that with the changing season comes the change in driving ability. Many individuals struggle with driving in colder weather, this can mean wet streets, or snow or ice covered roads, which can cause problems in every day commuting. Here are a few things that...