Do you know these 10 facts about road safety from the World Health Organization?
- More than 1.2 million people die in road traffic crashes every year.
- As many as 50 million people are injured or disabled by road traffic crashes every year.
- Half of all crash victims are vulnerable road users such as pedestrians, cyclists, and motorcyclists.
- Road traffic crashes cost countries up to 4% of their Gross National Product.
- Correctly used seat-belts reduce the risk of death in a crash by 61%.
- Mandatory use of child restraints can reduce child deaths by 35%.
- Helmets reduce fatal and serious head injuries by up to 45%.
- Enforcing a drinking and driving law around the world could reduce alcohol-related crashes by 20%.
- For every 1 kmph (less than 1 mph) reduction in average speed, there is a 2% reduction in the number of crashes.
- Simple low-cost engineering measures are saving thousands of lives.
These 10 facts about road safety are shocking to read, but not exactly surprising. Think about your commute to and from work or anytime you have to run to the store, you probably see an accident once a day, or at the least several a week.
Many of the accidents you stumble across during your daily drives are caused by simple distraction. People on cell phones, people unsure of where they are going, people being distracted by the radio, kids, pets, or anything else can run stop signs or lights, rear end you, or run off the road.
Accidents are mostly preventable, with the exception of weather related incidents. We hope everyone can take driving seriously and help reduce these numbers. However, if you find yourself in need of vehicle repair in the Huntington, West Virginia area, we hope you’ll think of East End Body Shop. Our technicians are experts and will treat you with the same kindness and respect as they would their own family.
Remember to buckle up and keep your full attention on the road.
When your car gets damaged after an auto collision in Huntington, WV, the first thing you’d think of is how to get reputable auto collision experts in Huntington, WV, to work on your damaged car. While it's essential to find help immediately after a collision, it is...
If you’re looking for collision repair in Huntington, West Virginia, East End Auto Body is qualified and ready to bring your vehicle back to how it should be. We’ll explain the process of collision repair step by step. When looking at the collision repair process that...
When it comes to finding your go to auto collision experts in Huntington, West Virginia, East End Body Shop should be your first choice! Finding the right auto collision center usually comes with trial and error. Some may visit a body shop and have a bad experience,...
If your vehicle is damaged, it’s probably fixable. To figure out which services you might need, let’s go over the most common auto body repair services that shops have to offer. It’s not uncommon for most drivers to need service from an auto body repair shop at some...
With the current increase in gasoline prices, we at East End Auto Collision Repair in Huntington WV know that it is more important than ever to stretch our dollar at the gas pump. We have come up with a few simple ways to make your car more fuel-efficient and reduce...
When it comes to driving in general, car accidents are sadly not uncommon. However, in the winter months, the cold weather conditions may create varying roadway hazards while driving. Statistically, snow/ice related car accidents cause over 1,300 deaths and more...