Do you know these 10 facts about road safety from the World Health Organization?
- More than 1.2 million people die in road traffic crashes every year.
- As many as 50 million people are injured or disabled by road traffic crashes every year.
- Half of all crash victims are vulnerable road users such as pedestrians, cyclists, and motorcyclists.
- Road traffic crashes cost countries up to 4% of their Gross National Product.
- Correctly used seat-belts reduce the risk of death in a crash by 61%.
- Mandatory use of child restraints can reduce child deaths by 35%.
- Helmets reduce fatal and serious head injuries by up to 45%.
- Enforcing a drinking and driving law around the world could reduce alcohol-related crashes by 20%.
- For every 1 kmph (less than 1 mph) reduction in average speed, there is a 2% reduction in the number of crashes.
- Simple low-cost engineering measures are saving thousands of lives.
These 10 facts about road safety are shocking to read, but not exactly surprising. Think about your commute to and from work or anytime you have to run to the store, you probably see an accident once a day, or at the least several a week.
Many of the accidents you stumble across during your daily drives are caused by simple distraction. People on cell phones, people unsure of where they are going, people being distracted by the radio, kids, pets, or anything else can run stop signs or lights, rear end you, or run off the road.
Accidents are mostly preventable, with the exception of weather related incidents. We hope everyone can take driving seriously and help reduce these numbers. However, if you find yourself in need of vehicle repair in the Huntington, West Virginia area, we hope you’ll think of East End Body Shop. Our technicians are experts and will treat you with the same kindness and respect as they would their own family.
Remember to buckle up and keep your full attention on the road.
Getting behind the wheel of your vehicle is something that we all do almost every day. While driving you’ve more than likely had one of those heart stopping moments when you almost hit something, or maybe sadly you did hit something. A collision avoidance system is an advanced technology created to help prevent these moments leading to a vehicle collision.
These things happen every day without warning. The car in front of you slams on their breaks. Maybe something runs out in the street. Any type of distraction that catches your attention for a split second can all lead to the high danger of a vehicle collision.
Quick summary of 8 Steps to take when in an auto collision StopSecure everyone's safetyTake precautionary measures to protect your rightNotify your insurance company Call an attorney Seek medical attentionAvoid a quick settlementTake your car to an auto body shop An...
Quick Summary of How To Make Your Car Last Forever: Choose The Right ModelFollow The Maintenance ScheduleDon’t Always Go With The Cheapest Auto ProductsGet In The Habit Of Being AwareCleanliness Will Take You Far Did you know that 11 years is the average age of all...
No one wants to be in a car accident, that’s obvious. If you are lucky to walk away with just damage to your vehicle rather than damage to your body, then the stress comes from finding the best auto body repair shop for your vehicle. Here at East End Body Shop we...
We’ve all heard stories from other drivers about collision repairs that didn’t quite meet their expectations, making them a little leery about using that shop again. And when you’re involved in an accident, finding an honest and reliable auto body repair shop for your...
Here at East End Body Shop we offer free estimates to anyone who needs one! Involved in a car crash? Want to spruce up ol’ rusty’s paint job? Stop by anytime during business hours or call and make an appointment for a free estimate. Come get your car fixed up with new...