Do you know these 10 facts about road safety from the World Health Organization?
- More than 1.2 million people die in road traffic crashes every year.
- As many as 50 million people are injured or disabled by road traffic crashes every year.
- Half of all crash victims are vulnerable road users such as pedestrians, cyclists, and motorcyclists.
- Road traffic crashes cost countries up to 4% of their Gross National Product.
- Correctly used seat-belts reduce the risk of death in a crash by 61%.
- Mandatory use of child restraints can reduce child deaths by 35%.
- Helmets reduce fatal and serious head injuries by up to 45%.
- Enforcing a drinking and driving law around the world could reduce alcohol-related crashes by 20%.
- For every 1 kmph (less than 1 mph) reduction in average speed, there is a 2% reduction in the number of crashes.
- Simple low-cost engineering measures are saving thousands of lives.
These 10 facts about road safety are shocking to read, but not exactly surprising. Think about your commute to and from work or anytime you have to run to the store, you probably see an accident once a day, or at the least several a week.
Many of the accidents you stumble across during your daily drives are caused by simple distraction. People on cell phones, people unsure of where they are going, people being distracted by the radio, kids, pets, or anything else can run stop signs or lights, rear end you, or run off the road.
Accidents are mostly preventable, with the exception of weather related incidents. We hope everyone can take driving seriously and help reduce these numbers. However, if you find yourself in need of vehicle repair in the Huntington, West Virginia area, we hope you’ll think of East End Body Shop. Our technicians are experts and will treat you with the same kindness and respect as they would their own family.
Remember to buckle up and keep your full attention on the road.
Getting in a car accident can be overwhelming and flustering. The events following an accident will include speaking with your car insurance, and whether you are at fault for the accident or not. Another step is searching the internet for an “auto collision repair...
It is vital that any car owner takes their car in for regular maintenance. If you ensure that your car gets its recommended maintenance done, it can prevent further damage and save you money down the road. You can get regular car maintenance in Huntington, Virginia at...
Getting in a car accident can be overwhelming and flustering. The events following an accident will include speaking with your car insurance, whether you are at fault for the accident or not. Another step is searching the internet for a “collision repair near me.” The...
You may often search the internet for “auto body shops near me,” but do you know what to even look for when deciding which auto shop to choose? You should pay attention to certain things that the different auto body shops offer. East End Body Shop in Huntington, West...
You and your car have made it through the winter, whether it be a stormy winter if you live northern or a milder winter if you live down south. It is common for people to experience car issues in the summer heat that they didn’t during the winter because your car is...
If you are looking for a stellar auto shop to assist with your car maintenance in Huntington, West Virginia, East End Body Shop offers quality repair service, prices and customer service. If you expect to rely on your vehicle to get you around, you will want to keep...