Do you know these 10 facts about road safety from the World Health Organization?
- More than 1.2 million people die in road traffic crashes every year.
- As many as 50 million people are injured or disabled by road traffic crashes every year.
- Half of all crash victims are vulnerable road users such as pedestrians, cyclists, and motorcyclists.
- Road traffic crashes cost countries up to 4% of their Gross National Product.
- Correctly used seat-belts reduce the risk of death in a crash by 61%.
- Mandatory use of child restraints can reduce child deaths by 35%.
- Helmets reduce fatal and serious head injuries by up to 45%.
- Enforcing a drinking and driving law around the world could reduce alcohol-related crashes by 20%.
- For every 1 kmph (less than 1 mph) reduction in average speed, there is a 2% reduction in the number of crashes.
- Simple low-cost engineering measures are saving thousands of lives.
These 10 facts about road safety are shocking to read, but not exactly surprising. Think about your commute to and from work or anytime you have to run to the store, you probably see an accident once a day, or at the least several a week.
Many of the accidents you stumble across during your daily drives are caused by simple distraction. People on cell phones, people unsure of where they are going, people being distracted by the radio, kids, pets, or anything else can run stop signs or lights, rear end you, or run off the road.
Accidents are mostly preventable, with the exception of weather related incidents. We hope everyone can take driving seriously and help reduce these numbers. However, if you find yourself in need of vehicle repair in the Huntington, West Virginia area, we hope you’ll think of East End Body Shop. Our technicians are experts and will treat you with the same kindness and respect as they would their own family.
Remember to buckle up and keep your full attention on the road.
Car accidents, including accidents involving fender benders Auto Collision in Huntington WV, are a fact of daily life. While fewer cars are in the roadway during the epidemic--16% less as per Zendrive, a mobile-based driving analytics app--drivers could become more...
In the model year 2021, over 50 vehicles received the top honor of the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. It's the most significant number of IIHS Top Safety Pick+ awards to date. Our experts at East End Body Shop, the best Collision repair in Huntington WV says...
It is heartbreaking to see that someone else was the reason for the dent in your car and the only thought that will cross your mind at that time is how can someone hit a parked car? But unfortunately, there will be no one to clear the mist in the air or lend a...
How do you know if you're taking your vehicle to the top auto body experts in huntington west virginia? We all want the best auto shop for quality work at a fair cost. Most people can attest to the difficulty of finding a mechanic they can trust. You need to take care...
If you are in the market searching for a reliable auto collision expert in Huntington, West Virginia, you're in luck. It is essential to have your car repaired immediately after a collision. However, it would be best if you didn't settle for less. Please do your...
It can be stressful to travel during the holiday season because of the increase in drivers on U.S. roads each year. You need to be aware of possible dangers while driving during holidays. For your safe traveling, East End Body shop is here to suggest some of the tips...