Do you know these 10 facts about road safety from the World Health Organization?
- More than 1.2 million people die in road traffic crashes every year.
- As many as 50 million people are injured or disabled by road traffic crashes every year.
- Half of all crash victims are vulnerable road users such as pedestrians, cyclists, and motorcyclists.
- Road traffic crashes cost countries up to 4% of their Gross National Product.
- Correctly used seat-belts reduce the risk of death in a crash by 61%.
- Mandatory use of child restraints can reduce child deaths by 35%.
- Helmets reduce fatal and serious head injuries by up to 45%.
- Enforcing a drinking and driving law around the world could reduce alcohol-related crashes by 20%.
- For every 1 kmph (less than 1 mph) reduction in average speed, there is a 2% reduction in the number of crashes.
- Simple low-cost engineering measures are saving thousands of lives.
These 10 facts about road safety are shocking to read, but not exactly surprising. Think about your commute to and from work or anytime you have to run to the store, you probably see an accident once a day, or at the least several a week.
Many of the accidents you stumble across during your daily drives are caused by simple distraction. People on cell phones, people unsure of where they are going, people being distracted by the radio, kids, pets, or anything else can run stop signs or lights, rear end you, or run off the road.
Accidents are mostly preventable, with the exception of weather related incidents. We hope everyone can take driving seriously and help reduce these numbers. However, if you find yourself in need of vehicle repair in the Huntington, West Virginia area, we hope you’ll think of East End Body Shop. Our technicians are experts and will treat you with the same kindness and respect as they would their own family.
Remember to buckle up and keep your full attention on the road.
Squealing Brakes Whenever your car makes a loud noise, it can be alarming. It's no different with the sound is coming from your brakes. Sound from your brakes can mean that something is wrong with your brake pads. If you ignore this, you can end up with expensive...
Here at East End Body Shop, we specialize in exceptional customer service and collision repair for the Huntington, West Virginia area. Our team was hand picked and built on a strong foundation of what it means to truly help our customers in everything from collision...
Our highly-trained technicians use the latest auto body collision repair technology to help repair dents, damaged fenders, and broken frames, bringing your vehicle back to a like-new state. From small dents to severe damage, we can help get your car back to looking...
We know how difficult it can be to find an auto repair shop that you trust. It can be even more difficult when you have a specialty car and you need specific European auto repair. East End Body Shop can help! We are proud to offer our customers the specialty repairs...
It can be hard to know what to do once you've been in an accident, especially if it has left your car in really bad shape. You might not be in the best shape either, suffering from injuries or whiplash, and you might feel a bit overwhelmed. "Should I fix my car, or...
The most common type of collision repair that is needed is cosmetic damage repair. This typically occurs when you have a fairly small car accident, like a fender bender or similar. You often see a lot of cars cruising around with dented in doors, missing bumpers, or...