There’s a lot of facts about car, but there are 15 that you may be surprised to find out.
- While it’s not technically about car accidents, some cars transmissions took whale oil up until 1973.
- Each day in the US there are an estimated 135,000,000 cars on the road. Imagine how fewer there would be if more people carpooled.
- The first speeding ticket was issued in 1904 for just 12 miles per hour.
- About 40% of all fatal car accidents involve alcohol.
- It has been estimated that while operating a car or truck, a motorist will curse 32,000 times in their life.
- The first car used a lever, not a steering wheel, to direct the car. Yikes.
- The windshield wiper was invented by Mary Anderson and became the standard on all automobiles in America in 1916.
- We have all heard that you’re more likely to get into an accident a mile from home, but actually that majority of car accidents occur within three miles of the driver’s home.
- Each year, a surprising 15 pedestrian students are killed by school buses, typically these accidents happen after school is out.
- Rollovers are the most deadly type of accident.
- Despite the stereotype of women drivers, men actually cause twice as many accidents.
- Teens are at a much higher risk of being injured or killed in car accidents. Each year around 300,000 are injured and 5,000 are killed on average.
- You increase your chances of being in a car accident by 400% when talking on a cell phone.
- The average text takes 4.6 seconds to write. When you’re driving at 55 mph that means your eyes will be off the road for the length of a football field.
- Car accidents that involve injury occur every 14 seconds and every 12 minutes a car accident will be fatal.
When it comes to car repair, finding a reliable and trustworthy auto body shop is crucial. Whether you need routine maintenance or major repairs, having a go-to place that provides quality service is essential. In this blog post, we will explore the key factors to...
If you're a car owner, there's a good chance that at some point, you'll need to make repairs to your vehicle's body. When this happens, you have two main options: professional auto body repairs or DIY auto body repairs. Both options come with their own set of benefits...
Rust can be highly detrimental to a car's body due to its corrosive nature, which can cause structural damage, aesthetic issues, and safety concerns. Rust weakens the metal, compromises the car's structural integrity, and can lead to costly repairs. Taking preventive...
Being stuck in a crummy situation where an auto experts in Huntington WV is needed can be stressful and worrisome. Knowing what to look out for when it comes to your auto body is important to prevent any serious situations from occurring. It is important to...
Auto body repair is the process of repairing or restoring the body of a vehicle that has been damaged in an accident or due to other causes. This can include repairing or replacing damaged panels, paint repair and refinishing, and other repairs as needed to restore...
Imagine a foggy winter day, and you’re driving down the road at what you think is a safe speed. The roads look clear and you’re going the speed limit, but then out of nowhere you don’t have any traction under your tires and you and your car start to slide. You’ve...