Do you know these 10 facts about road safety from the World Health Organization?
- More than 1.2 million people die in road traffic crashes every year.
- As many as 50 million people are injured or disabled by road traffic crashes every year.
- Half of all crash victims are vulnerable road users such as pedestrians, cyclists, and motorcyclists.
- Road traffic crashes cost countries up to 4% of their Gross National Product.
- Correctly used seat-belts reduce the risk of death in a crash by 61%.
- Mandatory use of child restraints can reduce child deaths by 35%.
- Helmets reduce fatal and serious head injuries by up to 45%.
- Enforcing a drinking and driving law around the world could reduce alcohol-related crashes by 20%.
- For every 1 kmph (less than 1 mph) reduction in average speed, there is a 2% reduction in the number of crashes.
- Simple low-cost engineering measures are saving thousands of lives.
These 10 facts about road safety are shocking to read, but not exactly surprising. Think about your commute to and from work or anytime you have to run to the store, you probably see an accident once a day, or at the least several a week.
Many of the accidents you stumble across during your daily drives are caused by simple distraction. People on cell phones, people unsure of where they are going, people being distracted by the radio, kids, pets, or anything else can run stop signs or lights, rear end you, or run off the road.
Accidents are mostly preventable, with the exception of weather related incidents. We hope everyone can take driving seriously and help reduce these numbers. However, if you find yourself in need of vehicle repair in the Huntington, West Virginia area, we hope you’ll think of East End Body Shop. Our technicians are experts and will treat you with the same kindness and respect as they would their own family.
Remember to buckle up and keep your full attention on the road.
How to Keep My Car From Rusting
Rust can be highly detrimental to a car's body due to its corrosive nature, which can cause structural damage, aesthetic issues, and safety concerns. Rust weakens the metal, compromises the car's structural integrity, and can lead to costly repairs. Taking preventive...
4 Common Types of Auto Body Repair
Being stuck in a crummy situation where an auto experts in Huntington WV is needed can be stressful and worrisome. Knowing what to look out for when it comes to your auto body is important to prevent any serious situations from occurring. It is important to...
The Best Auto Body Experts in Huntington, West Virginia
Auto body repair is the process of repairing or restoring the body of a vehicle that has been damaged in an accident or due to other causes. This can include repairing or replacing damaged panels, paint repair and refinishing, and other repairs as needed to restore...
Icy Road Collision:What to Look for in Auto Body Shops
Imagine a foggy winter day, and you’re driving down the road at what you think is a safe speed. The roads look clear and you’re going the speed limit, but then out of nowhere you don’t have any traction under your tires and you and your car start to slide. You’ve...
Auto Body Experts in Huntington WV
If you are looking for auto body experts in Huntington, WV, look no further. East End Body Shop has unbeatable customer service, quality, and prices. This company is committed to improving the care toward people and their vehicles following an accident. The shop is...
Stay Away From Scary Auto Collisions in Huntington WV This Spooky Season
Getting in a car accident can be overwhelming and flustering. The events following an accident will include speaking with your car insurance - whether you are at fault for the accident or not - and finding a repair shop following auto collisions in Huntington, WV. The...