Do you know these 10 facts about road safety from the World Health Organization?
- More than 1.2 million people die in road traffic crashes every year.
- As many as 50 million people are injured or disabled by road traffic crashes every year.
- Half of all crash victims are vulnerable road users such as pedestrians, cyclists, and motorcyclists.
- Road traffic crashes cost countries up to 4% of their Gross National Product.
- Correctly used seat-belts reduce the risk of death in a crash by 61%.
- Mandatory use of child restraints can reduce child deaths by 35%.
- Helmets reduce fatal and serious head injuries by up to 45%.
- Enforcing a drinking and driving law around the world could reduce alcohol-related crashes by 20%.
- For every 1 kmph (less than 1 mph) reduction in average speed, there is a 2% reduction in the number of crashes.
- Simple low-cost engineering measures are saving thousands of lives.
These 10 facts about road safety are shocking to read, but not exactly surprising. Think about your commute to and from work or anytime you have to run to the store, you probably see an accident once a day, or at the least several a week.
Many of the accidents you stumble across during your daily drives are caused by simple distraction. People on cell phones, people unsure of where they are going, people being distracted by the radio, kids, pets, or anything else can run stop signs or lights, rear end you, or run off the road.
Accidents are mostly preventable, with the exception of weather related incidents. We hope everyone can take driving seriously and help reduce these numbers. However, if you find yourself in need of vehicle repair in the Huntington, West Virginia area, we hope you’ll think of East End Body Shop. Our technicians are experts and will treat you with the same kindness and respect as they would their own family.
Remember to buckle up and keep your full attention on the road.
When it comes to car repairs, it's essential to make informed decisions that not only address the issues at hand but also protect your wallet. One crucial step in this process is obtaining multiple car repair estimates. By obtaining multiple estimates, you gain...
When it comes to the overall health and longevity of your vehicle's engine, regular maintenance is key. One essential component of engine maintenance is the oil filter. It plays a crucial role in protecting your engine from harmful contaminants and ensuring smooth...
When it comes to car repair, finding a reliable and trustworthy auto body shop is crucial. Whether you need routine maintenance or major repairs, having a go-to place that provides quality service is essential. In this blog post, we will explore the key factors to...
If you're a car owner, there's a good chance that at some point, you'll need to make repairs to your vehicle's body. When this happens, you have two main options: professional auto body repairs or DIY auto body repairs. Both options come with their own set of benefits...
Rust can be highly detrimental to a car's body due to its corrosive nature, which can cause structural damage, aesthetic issues, and safety concerns. Rust weakens the metal, compromises the car's structural integrity, and can lead to costly repairs. Taking preventive...
Being stuck in a crummy situation where an auto experts in Huntington WV is needed can be stressful and worrisome. Knowing what to look out for when it comes to your auto body is important to prevent any serious situations from occurring. It is important to...