There’s a lot of facts about car, but there are 15 that you may be surprised to find out.
- While it’s not technically about car accidents, some cars transmissions took whale oil up until 1973.
- Each day in the US there are an estimated 135,000,000 cars on the road. Imagine how fewer there would be if more people carpooled.
- The first speeding ticket was issued in 1904 for just 12 miles per hour.
- About 40% of all fatal car accidents involve alcohol.
- It has been estimated that while operating a car or truck, a motorist will curse 32,000 times in their life.
- The first car used a lever, not a steering wheel, to direct the car. Yikes.
- The windshield wiper was invented by Mary Anderson and became the standard on all automobiles in America in 1916.
- We have all heard that you’re more likely to get into an accident a mile from home, but actually that majority of car accidents occur within three miles of the driver’s home.
- Each year, a surprising 15 pedestrian students are killed by school buses, typically these accidents happen after school is out.
- Rollovers are the most deadly type of accident.
- Despite the stereotype of women drivers, men actually cause twice as many accidents.
- Teens are at a much higher risk of being injured or killed in car accidents. Each year around 300,000 are injured and 5,000 are killed on average.
- You increase your chances of being in a car accident by 400% when talking on a cell phone.
- The average text takes 4.6 seconds to write. When you’re driving at 55 mph that means your eyes will be off the road for the length of a football field.
- Car accidents that involve injury occur every 14 seconds and every 12 minutes a car accident will be fatal.
Squealing Brakes Whenever your car makes a loud noise, it can be alarming. It's no different with the sound is coming from your brakes. Sound from your brakes can mean that something is wrong with your brake pads. If you ignore this, you can end up with expensive...
Here at East End Body Shop, we specialize in exceptional customer service and collision repair for the Huntington, West Virginia area. Our team was hand picked and built on a strong foundation of what it means to truly help our customers in everything from collision...
Our highly-trained technicians use the latest auto body collision repair technology to help repair dents, damaged fenders, and broken frames, bringing your vehicle back to a like-new state. From small dents to severe damage, we can help get your car back to looking...
We know how difficult it can be to find an auto repair shop that you trust. It can be even more difficult when you have a specialty car and you need specific European auto repair. East End Body Shop can help! We are proud to offer our customers the specialty repairs...
It can be hard to know what to do once you've been in an accident, especially if it has left your car in really bad shape. You might not be in the best shape either, suffering from injuries or whiplash, and you might feel a bit overwhelmed. "Should I fix my car, or...
The most common type of collision repair that is needed is cosmetic damage repair. This typically occurs when you have a fairly small car accident, like a fender bender or similar. You often see a lot of cars cruising around with dented in doors, missing bumpers, or...