There’s a lot of facts about car, but there are 15 that you may be surprised to find out.
- While it’s not technically about car accidents, some cars transmissions took whale oil up until 1973.
- Each day in the US there are an estimated 135,000,000 cars on the road. Imagine how fewer there would be if more people carpooled.
- The first speeding ticket was issued in 1904 for just 12 miles per hour.
- About 40% of all fatal car accidents involve alcohol.
- It has been estimated that while operating a car or truck, a motorist will curse 32,000 times in their life.
- The first car used a lever, not a steering wheel, to direct the car. Yikes.
- The windshield wiper was invented by Mary Anderson and became the standard on all automobiles in America in 1916.
- We have all heard that you’re more likely to get into an accident a mile from home, but actually that majority of car accidents occur within three miles of the driver’s home.
- Each year, a surprising 15 pedestrian students are killed by school buses, typically these accidents happen after school is out.
- Rollovers are the most deadly type of accident.
- Despite the stereotype of women drivers, men actually cause twice as many accidents.
- Teens are at a much higher risk of being injured or killed in car accidents. Each year around 300,000 are injured and 5,000 are killed on average.
- You increase your chances of being in a car accident by 400% when talking on a cell phone.
- The average text takes 4.6 seconds to write. When you’re driving at 55 mph that means your eyes will be off the road for the length of a football field.
- Car accidents that involve injury occur every 14 seconds and every 12 minutes a car accident will be fatal.
We know that with the changing season comes the change in driving ability. Many individuals struggle with driving in colder weather, this can mean wet streets, or snow or ice covered roads, which can cause problems in every day commuting. Here are a few things that...
“Total Loss” Declaration Value According to insurers, they use three mechanisms to determine your car’s value after it’s been totaled. These three ways are: computerized vendor quotes, value books (like Kelley Blue Book), and market search of the local area. However,...
Here at East End Body Shop we provide quality auto repair for just about any vehicle, including Japanese cars. Our auto repair specialists can get your vehicle back into tiptop shape. We offer reliable customer service and Japanese auto repair at the best rates in the...
It’s no surprise that vehicles are safer today than they ever have been. With all of the new technology coming out and within our reach, it’s easier for us to test and modify and test and modify until we are certain vehicles are as safe as we can make them. And...
Dents. The bane of our existences when it comes to cars. They’re almost inevitable. Even if you take every precaution in the book and park 20 car spots away from everyone at the store, your car will eventually get a dent. And there’s nothing worse than coming out of a...
No one enjoys doing work to their vehicle in the heat of the summer. The cooling temperatures of fall overtaking West Virginia is a welcome change from the heat and humidity. Now is the perfect time to give your car a once over in preparation for the chilly weather...