There’s a lot of facts about car, but there are 15 that you may be surprised to find out.
- While it’s not technically about car accidents, some cars transmissions took whale oil up until 1973.
- Each day in the US there are an estimated 135,000,000 cars on the road. Imagine how fewer there would be if more people carpooled.
- The first speeding ticket was issued in 1904 for just 12 miles per hour.
- About 40% of all fatal car accidents involve alcohol.
- It has been estimated that while operating a car or truck, a motorist will curse 32,000 times in their life.
- The first car used a lever, not a steering wheel, to direct the car. Yikes.
- The windshield wiper was invented by Mary Anderson and became the standard on all automobiles in America in 1916.
- We have all heard that you’re more likely to get into an accident a mile from home, but actually that majority of car accidents occur within three miles of the driver’s home.
- Each year, a surprising 15 pedestrian students are killed by school buses, typically these accidents happen after school is out.
- Rollovers are the most deadly type of accident.
- Despite the stereotype of women drivers, men actually cause twice as many accidents.
- Teens are at a much higher risk of being injured or killed in car accidents. Each year around 300,000 are injured and 5,000 are killed on average.
- You increase your chances of being in a car accident by 400% when talking on a cell phone.
- The average text takes 4.6 seconds to write. When you’re driving at 55 mph that means your eyes will be off the road for the length of a football field.
- Car accidents that involve injury occur every 14 seconds and every 12 minutes a car accident will be fatal.
When it comes to driving in general, car accidents are sadly not uncommon. However, in the winter months, the cold weather conditions may create varying roadway hazards while driving. Statistically, snow/ice related car accidents cause over 1,300 deaths and more...
Most drivers will have to take their car to an auto body shop at some point or another. But what are the most common repairs that auto body shops do? Typically, an auto collision is completely impossible to avoid, and finding yourself in a situation where you have to...
Rear end collisions make up for roughly one third of all car accidents in the United States, making them the most common form of collision. While the cosmetic aspects are easily fixed, can a minor rear end collision also cause hidden damage? It’s important to...
There are so many things to love about the fall. From the changing leaves, carving pumpkins, or the perfect weather for sweaters. When it comes to driving though, some tips to drive more safely in the fall may come in handy. From summer to fall, the changes in...
Damage to your car following a motor vehicle accident is entirely unforeseen and can be the cause of a lot of physical, mental, and financial stress. Finding a collision repair shop following damage to your vehicle, whether it be serious damage or just a broken...
As the COVID-19 pandemic has created less traffic and congestion on the roads because of the majority staying home, there will unfortunately still be incidents where drivers are involved in collisions. Learning how to maintain social distancing after an auto accident...