There’s a lot of facts about car, but there are 15 that you may be surprised to find out.
- While it’s not technically about car accidents, some cars transmissions took whale oil up until 1973.
- Each day in the US there are an estimated 135,000,000 cars on the road. Imagine how fewer there would be if more people carpooled.
- The first speeding ticket was issued in 1904 for just 12 miles per hour.
- About 40% of all fatal car accidents involve alcohol.
- It has been estimated that while operating a car or truck, a motorist will curse 32,000 times in their life.
- The first car used a lever, not a steering wheel, to direct the car. Yikes.
- The windshield wiper was invented by Mary Anderson and became the standard on all automobiles in America in 1916.
- We have all heard that you’re more likely to get into an accident a mile from home, but actually that majority of car accidents occur within three miles of the driver’s home.
- Each year, a surprising 15 pedestrian students are killed by school buses, typically these accidents happen after school is out.
- Rollovers are the most deadly type of accident.
- Despite the stereotype of women drivers, men actually cause twice as many accidents.
- Teens are at a much higher risk of being injured or killed in car accidents. Each year around 300,000 are injured and 5,000 are killed on average.
- You increase your chances of being in a car accident by 400% when talking on a cell phone.
- The average text takes 4.6 seconds to write. When you’re driving at 55 mph that means your eyes will be off the road for the length of a football field.
- Car accidents that involve injury occur every 14 seconds and every 12 minutes a car accident will be fatal.
Here at East End Body Shop we offer free estimates to anyone who needs one! Involved in a car crash? Want to spruce up ol’ rusty’s paint job? Stop by anytime during business hours or call and make an appointment for a free estimate. Come get your car fixed up with new...
Here in Huntington, we’re known as the auto body shop that cares, but we do much more than just repair damaged cars. Did you know that we also provide auto detailing services? Remember the feeling of purchasing your car? Remember how clean it was, and how you vowed to...
East End Body is a locally owned, family run collision repair center in the Teays Valley area. Our auto body technicians are specially trained to handle all your collision repair needs. “because you’ve got enough to deal with….” What is it that makes our company your...
Here at East End Body Shop, we are dedicated to our community. We want to make sure that every single person that walks into our shop leaves with a smile. Not only is customer service important to us but so is our community. It's important to us that we give back to...
Let’s reverse auto aging with auto body and collision repair Let’s be honest, there are a number of reasons you chose the vehicle you did. Maybe it was the crash test ratings, the reliability, or maybe it was simply the price. Most likely it was a combination of...
Our Huntington, Virginia collision center is a family owned auto body repair shop that has decades of experience backing us. We have been providing our community and the surrounding areas with quality auto repair service. We’re located at 3117 Ferris Court (31st...