There’s a lot of facts about car, but there are 15 that you may be surprised to find out.
- While it’s not technically about car accidents, some cars transmissions took whale oil up until 1973.
- Each day in the US there are an estimated 135,000,000 cars on the road. Imagine how fewer there would be if more people carpooled.
- The first speeding ticket was issued in 1904 for just 12 miles per hour.
- About 40% of all fatal car accidents involve alcohol.
- It has been estimated that while operating a car or truck, a motorist will curse 32,000 times in their life.
- The first car used a lever, not a steering wheel, to direct the car. Yikes.
- The windshield wiper was invented by Mary Anderson and became the standard on all automobiles in America in 1916.
- We have all heard that you’re more likely to get into an accident a mile from home, but actually that majority of car accidents occur within three miles of the driver’s home.
- Each year, a surprising 15 pedestrian students are killed by school buses, typically these accidents happen after school is out.
- Rollovers are the most deadly type of accident.
- Despite the stereotype of women drivers, men actually cause twice as many accidents.
- Teens are at a much higher risk of being injured or killed in car accidents. Each year around 300,000 are injured and 5,000 are killed on average.
- You increase your chances of being in a car accident by 400% when talking on a cell phone.
- The average text takes 4.6 seconds to write. When you’re driving at 55 mph that means your eyes will be off the road for the length of a football field.
- Car accidents that involve injury occur every 14 seconds and every 12 minutes a car accident will be fatal.
Auto body repair is the process of repairing or restoring the body of a vehicle that has been damaged in an accident or due to other causes. This can include repairing or replacing damaged panels, paint repair and refinishing, and other repairs as needed to restore...
Imagine a foggy winter day, and you’re driving down the road at what you think is a safe speed. The roads look clear and you’re going the speed limit, but then out of nowhere you don’t have any traction under your tires and you and your car start to slide. You’ve...
Getting in a car accident can be overwhelming and flustering. The events following an accident will include speaking with your car insurance - whether you are at fault for the accident or not - and finding a repair shop following auto collisions in Huntington, WV. The...
Getting in a car accident can be overwhelming and flustering. The events following an accident will include speaking with your car insurance, whether you are at fault for the accident or not. Another step is searching the internet for a “collision repair near me.” The...
The most vital aspect of your vehicle's life expectancy is ensuring you perform the necessary maintenance, such as replacing the different oils including your transmission fluid. If you search for an auto body shop near me, their mechanics can perform the essential...
Getting in a car accident can be overwhelming and flustering. The events following an accident will include speaking with your car insurance, and whether you are at fault for the accident or not. Another step is searching the internet for an “auto collision repair...