There’s a lot of facts about car, but there are 15 that you may be surprised to find out.
- While it’s not technically about car accidents, some cars transmissions took whale oil up until 1973.
- Each day in the US there are an estimated 135,000,000 cars on the road. Imagine how fewer there would be if more people carpooled.
- The first speeding ticket was issued in 1904 for just 12 miles per hour.
- About 40% of all fatal car accidents involve alcohol.
- It has been estimated that while operating a car or truck, a motorist will curse 32,000 times in their life.
- The first car used a lever, not a steering wheel, to direct the car. Yikes.
- The windshield wiper was invented by Mary Anderson and became the standard on all automobiles in America in 1916.
- We have all heard that you’re more likely to get into an accident a mile from home, but actually that majority of car accidents occur within three miles of the driver’s home.
- Each year, a surprising 15 pedestrian students are killed by school buses, typically these accidents happen after school is out.
- Rollovers are the most deadly type of accident.
- Despite the stereotype of women drivers, men actually cause twice as many accidents.
- Teens are at a much higher risk of being injured or killed in car accidents. Each year around 300,000 are injured and 5,000 are killed on average.
- You increase your chances of being in a car accident by 400% when talking on a cell phone.
- The average text takes 4.6 seconds to write. When you’re driving at 55 mph that means your eyes will be off the road for the length of a football field.
- Car accidents that involve injury occur every 14 seconds and every 12 minutes a car accident will be fatal.
The most common type of collision repair that is needed is cosmetic damage repair. This typically occurs when you have a fairly small car accident, like a fender bender or similar. You often see a lot of cars cruising around with dented in doors, missing bumpers, or...
We’re well into spring, and summer is just around the corner. That means your car is going to be getting a nice coating of dust due to desert storms and wind. Now is the best time to break out the washcloth and add a bit of shine to your vehicle. Upholstery Upkeep...
Owning a car can be a great experience, and one we often take for granted. That is, until someone rear ends you or causes auto body damage. Then it can be an incredibly frustrating and expensive asset to own. And finding a car repair shop in Pea Ridge, WV can be...
Is your car in the shop? We know it can be a total bummer. It’s rarely that your car is in the shop for something fun like a new paint job that you chose to do, it’s usually due to a collision or some other kind of necessary repair. So what can...
You've traveled far and wide and now you just want a spot to set up your camp, right? Or maybe you live in town and just want to take a "stay-cation" and get back in touch with nature. Either way, we've got three great campgrounds for you to choose from. Who doesn't...
Who doesn’t love a good weekend drive? West Virginia is flush with amazing, windy, curving mountain roads. So why not plan a nice drive for the weekend and experience what West Virginia has to offer? Here are four of our favorite scenic mountain road trips to take...