There’s a lot of facts about car, but there are 15 that you may be surprised to find out.
- While it’s not technically about car accidents, some cars transmissions took whale oil up until 1973.
- Each day in the US there are an estimated 135,000,000 cars on the road. Imagine how fewer there would be if more people carpooled.
- The first speeding ticket was issued in 1904 for just 12 miles per hour.
- About 40% of all fatal car accidents involve alcohol.
- It has been estimated that while operating a car or truck, a motorist will curse 32,000 times in their life.
- The first car used a lever, not a steering wheel, to direct the car. Yikes.
- The windshield wiper was invented by Mary Anderson and became the standard on all automobiles in America in 1916.
- We have all heard that you’re more likely to get into an accident a mile from home, but actually that majority of car accidents occur within three miles of the driver’s home.
- Each year, a surprising 15 pedestrian students are killed by school buses, typically these accidents happen after school is out.
- Rollovers are the most deadly type of accident.
- Despite the stereotype of women drivers, men actually cause twice as many accidents.
- Teens are at a much higher risk of being injured or killed in car accidents. Each year around 300,000 are injured and 5,000 are killed on average.
- You increase your chances of being in a car accident by 400% when talking on a cell phone.
- The average text takes 4.6 seconds to write. When you’re driving at 55 mph that means your eyes will be off the road for the length of a football field.
- Car accidents that involve injury occur every 14 seconds and every 12 minutes a car accident will be fatal.
How Much Can You Afford We all hate budgets, but it’s important to sit down and figure out how much you can afford to pay for a car. Sometimes it’s surprising how high car payments will end up being. You can also find car payment calculators...
Know the statistics about fatal car accidents in West Virginia can help residents know what to avoid. In 2011, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported that there were 337 traffic incidents involving fatalities. The...
Here and East End Body Shop, we promise to provide unsurpassed professional collision repair service to the Huntington, West Virginia area. We focus on fulfilling our promise to each customer in three main areas: quality repairs, safety, and customer...
Our repair process ensures that your vehicle will be inspected and repaired by industry-certified technicians, whose priority is getting you back on the road safely. We work with all major insurance companies and each of our repairs have multiple...
Do you know these 10 facts about road safety from the World Health Organization? More than 1.2 million people die in road traffic crashes every year. As many as 50 million people are injured or disabled by road traffic crashes every year. Half of all crash...
You often hear about the things you SHOULD do after a car accident, but what about the things you SHOULDN’T do? Here are 5 things you should never do after an accident. Leave the Scene No one gets into a car accident at an optimal time. You’re in your...