No one wants to have to visit a car repair shop, but unfortunately sometimes we have to. Check out these 9 things to know about getting your car repaired.
- Other than you home, your car is the most expensive purchase you will make. Keep it in the best condition by having it serviced and maintenanced regularly and by a professional. You might upkeep with the tire rotation and oil changes, but you should be servicing your car a bit more than that, such as 30,000 mile service, 60,000 mile service, 90,000 mile service and more.
- Never drive a car that might have damages. You never know what internal problems your car might have sustained. Always have your car checked out by a professional and approved for driving.
- Make sure that your insurance company doesn’t require you to visit their drive-in claim service before heading to our shop. Call them before bringing your car in and make sure it’s okay to have your car inspected by us.
- You only need to have one appraisal or estimate. There is no law that requires you to obtain more. If it makes you feel better, than we support this desire, however, there is no requirement after an accident.
- You have the freedom of choice. You can visit any repair shop that you wish. Your insurance company cannot require you use a specific repair shop, so go where you feel comfortable.
- If you get multiple estimates, there will often be a difference in price. This is normal. If you have any questions of why other estimates are more or less than the one we’ve given you, please ask. We’ll be happy to go over the estimate we have given you.
- Make sure the repair shop is using genuine manufacturer parts. You want to be sure you are getting what you are paying for and it’s the highest quality parts that you can put in your car. You need to feel confident that your vehicle is safe.
- Ask about a warranty. Some repair shops offer warranties on the parts they replace.
- We can help you negotiate your claim with the insurance company. Let us help you.
Here are some other articles you will like:
Written by: Nicole Weisbrich