It has been a hard winter and I don’t think we will see the light at the end of the tunnel for a few more months unfortunately. So until the sun decides to make another appearance, heat up and melt all this snow, here are a few tips to help you drive and get to where you are trying to go safely, avoiding a trip to your local collision center.
- Make sure you are getting enough sleep every night.
- Don’t warm your car up in a small and enclosed area.
- Make sure your tires have enough air before you go out in the snow.
- Always have at least half a tank of gas to reduce risk of gas line freeze up
- Avoid using your parking break if it’s too cold, snowy or rainy.
- Never use cruise control if you’re driving on slippery, wet, snowy or icy roads.
- Always use your seat belt (even if the weather is perfect)
- Don’t over do it if you have to push your car or dig your car out of the snow.
- If you heat up your car in the morning be sure to run it just long enough to get rid of the chill to conserve gas.
- Make sure you’re prepared in case you get stuck in your car. Make sure you have your phone, batteries, a blanket, extra shoes, gloves, food, water and any medication you may need.
- If you really don’t have to go out just stay home.
- Drive slowly and with extra caution.
- Get to know your vehicle. Make sure you know what kind of brakes you have.
- Accelerate and decelerate slowly.
- Take time to slow down at stoplights before coming to a complete stop.
Following these 15 easy tips to driving safely in the snow can help you avoid a trip to your local collision center.
Squealing Brakes Whenever your car makes a loud noise, it can be alarming. It's no different with the sound is coming from your brakes. Sound from your brakes can mean that something is wrong with your brake pads. If you ignore this, you can end up with expensive...
Here at East End Body Shop, we specialize in exceptional customer service and collision repair for the Huntington, West Virginia area. Our team was hand picked and built on a strong foundation of what it means to truly help our customers in everything from collision...
Our highly-trained technicians use the latest auto body collision repair technology to help repair dents, damaged fenders, and broken frames, bringing your vehicle back to a like-new state. From small dents to severe damage, we can help get your car back to looking...
East End Body Shop is proud to employ the very best dent removal technicians in the auto repair industry and in the Burlington, OH area. Our team is capable and qualified to restore any major or minor damage to just about any make or model that enters our auto repair...
We know how difficult it can be to find an auto repair shop that you trust. It can be even more difficult when you have a specialty car and you need specific European auto repair. East End Body Shop can help! We are proud to offer our customers the specialty repairs...
It can be hard to know what to do once you've been in an accident, especially if it has left your car in really bad shape. You might not be in the best shape either, suffering from injuries or whiplash, and you might feel a bit overwhelmed. "Should I fix my car, or...