Unfortunately it seems like car accidents are inevitable. Car accidents are always a tragedy, even if no one is injured. The reason a car accident is always a tragedy is because they are avoidable. If everyone on the road would follow all traffic laws, use their judgement in regards to road conditions and remained 100% focused on driving, most accidents could be prevented. Here are 14 car accident facts that are important to know.
- 40 percent of all fatal accidents involve alcohol.
- Each day an estimated 135,000,000 cars are on the roads in the U.S.
- The majority of car accidents occur within 3 miles of the driver’s home.
- Each year approximately 15 pedestrian students are killed by school buses—most often these accidents occur after school is out.
- Vehicle rollovers are the most deadly type of car accidents.
- According to various research men actually cause twice as many accidents as women.
- Teens are at a much higher risk of being injured or killed in car accidents. Each year 300,000 are injured and 5,000 are killed on average.
- When you talk on a cell phone while driving you are increasing your chance of being in an accident by 400 percent.
- The average text message takes 4.6 seconds to write and send. While driving that would take your eyes off the road long enough to drive the length of a football field blind if you are traveling at 55 miles per hour.
- Weekends, between midnight and 3 a.m., are the most likely time for a person to be involved in a fatal crash.
- It takes an airbag 40 milliseconds to fully inflate after an accident.
- Most car accidents occur within three miles of a person’s home.
- Correctly used seat-belts reduce the risk of death in a crash by 61%
- In the time it took you to read this list there have been four car accidents. Statistics show that car accidents that involve injury occur every 14 seconds and every 12 minutes a car accident will be fatal.
We hope you learned something today reading these car accident facts. Remember safety is the most important thing while driving and you focus should always be on the road and it’s surroundings.
Squealing Brakes Whenever your car makes a loud noise, it can be alarming. It's no different with the sound is coming from your brakes. Sound from your brakes can mean that something is wrong with your brake pads. If you ignore this, you can end up with expensive...
Here at East End Body Shop, we specialize in exceptional customer service and collision repair for the Huntington, West Virginia area. Our team was hand picked and built on a strong foundation of what it means to truly help our customers in everything from collision...
Our highly-trained technicians use the latest auto body collision repair technology to help repair dents, damaged fenders, and broken frames, bringing your vehicle back to a like-new state. From small dents to severe damage, we can help get your car back to looking...
East End Body Shop is proud to employ the very best dent removal technicians in the auto repair industry and in the Burlington, OH area. Our team is capable and qualified to restore any major or minor damage to just about any make or model that enters our auto repair...
We know how difficult it can be to find an auto repair shop that you trust. It can be even more difficult when you have a specialty car and you need specific European auto repair. East End Body Shop can help! We are proud to offer our customers the specialty repairs...
It can be hard to know what to do once you've been in an accident, especially if it has left your car in really bad shape. You might not be in the best shape either, suffering from injuries or whiplash, and you might feel a bit overwhelmed. "Should I fix my car, or...