Do you know these 10 facts about road safety from the World Health Organization?
- More than 1.2 million people die in road traffic crashes every year.
- As many as 50 million people are injured or disabled by road traffic crashes every year.
- Half of all crash victims are vulnerable road users such as pedestrians, cyclists, and motorcyclists.
- Road traffic crashes cost countries up to 4% of their Gross National Product.
- Correctly used seat-belts reduce the risk of death in a crash by 61%.
- Mandatory use of child restraints can reduce child deaths by 35%.
- Helmets reduce fatal and serious head injuries by up to 45%.
- Enforcing a drinking and driving law around the world could reduce alcohol-related crashes by 20%.
- For every 1 kmph (less than 1 mph) reduction in average speed, there is a 2% reduction in the number of crashes.
- Simple low-cost engineering measures are saving thousands of lives.
These 10 facts about road safety are shocking to read, but not exactly surprising. Think about your commute to and from work or anytime you have to run to the store, you probably see an accident once a day, or at the least several a week.
Many of the accidents you stumble across during your daily drives are caused by simple distraction. People on cell phones, people unsure of where they are going, people being distracted by the radio, kids, pets, or anything else can run stop signs or lights, rear end you, or run off the road.
Accidents are mostly preventable, with the exception of weather related incidents. We hope everyone can take driving seriously and help reduce these numbers. However, if you find yourself in need of vehicle repair in the Huntington, West Virginia area, we hope you’ll think of East End Body Shop. Our technicians are experts and will treat you with the same kindness and respect as they would their own family.
Remember to buckle up and keep your full attention on the road.
Owning a car can be a great experience, and one we often take for granted. That is, until someone rear ends you or causes auto body damage. Then it can be an incredibly frustrating and expensive asset to own. And finding a car repair shop in Pea Ridge, WV can be...
Is your car in the shop? We know it can be a total bummer. It’s rarely that your car is in the shop for something fun like a new paint job that you chose to do, it’s usually due to a collision or some other kind of necessary repair. So what can...
You've traveled far and wide and now you just want a spot to set up your camp, right? Or maybe you live in town and just want to take a "stay-cation" and get back in touch with nature. Either way, we've got three great campgrounds for you to choose from. Who doesn't...
Who doesn’t love a good weekend drive? West Virginia is flush with amazing, windy, curving mountain roads. So why not plan a nice drive for the weekend and experience what West Virginia has to offer? Here are four of our favorite scenic mountain road trips to take...
Getting Insurance Coverage It can be crazy expensive to insure a young driver. We all know that our vehicle insurance is supposed to drop once we reach the age of 25, but up until then we are stuck paying higher rates because we are inexperienced. If your parents pay...
You never know what’s going to happen when you’re traveling. It’s important to be prepared for any event. So you should always keep some food and water in your car in case you’re stuck on the side of the road in the cold winter or the hot summer. Bottled Water Being...