It has been a hard winter and I don’t think we will see the light at the end of the tunnel for a few more months unfortunately. So until the sun decides to make another appearance, heat up and melt all this snow, here are a few tips to help you drive and get to where you are trying to go safely, avoiding a trip to your local collision center.
- Make sure you are getting enough sleep every night.
- Don’t warm your car up in a small and enclosed area.
- Make sure your tires have enough air before you go out in the snow.
- Always have at least half a tank of gas to reduce risk of gas line freeze up
- Avoid using your parking break if it’s too cold, snowy or rainy.
- Never use cruise control if you’re driving on slippery, wet, snowy or icy roads.
- Always use your seat belt (even if the weather is perfect)
- Don’t over do it if you have to push your car or dig your car out of the snow.
- If you heat up your car in the morning be sure to run it just long enough to get rid of the chill to conserve gas.
- Make sure you’re prepared in case you get stuck in your car. Make sure you have your phone, batteries, a blanket, extra shoes, gloves, food, water and any medication you may need.
- If you really don’t have to go out just stay home.
- Drive slowly and with extra caution.
- Get to know your vehicle. Make sure you know what kind of brakes you have.
- Accelerate and decelerate slowly.
- Take time to slow down at stoplights before coming to a complete stop.
Following these 15 easy tips to driving safely in the snow can help you avoid a trip to your local collision center.
The most common type of collision repair that is needed is cosmetic damage repair. This typically occurs when you have a fairly small car accident, like a fender bender or similar. You often see a lot of cars cruising around with dented in doors, missing bumpers, or...
We’re well into spring, and summer is just around the corner. That means your car is going to be getting a nice coating of dust due to desert storms and wind. Now is the best time to break out the washcloth and add a bit of shine to your vehicle. Upholstery Upkeep...
Owning a car can be a great experience, and one we often take for granted. That is, until someone rear ends you or causes auto body damage. Then it can be an incredibly frustrating and expensive asset to own. And finding a car repair shop in Pea Ridge, WV can be...
Is your car in the shop? We know it can be a total bummer. It’s rarely that your car is in the shop for something fun like a new paint job that you chose to do, it’s usually due to a collision or some other kind of necessary repair. So what can...
You've traveled far and wide and now you just want a spot to set up your camp, right? Or maybe you live in town and just want to take a "stay-cation" and get back in touch with nature. Either way, we've got three great campgrounds for you to choose from. Who doesn't...
Who doesn’t love a good weekend drive? West Virginia is flush with amazing, windy, curving mountain roads. So why not plan a nice drive for the weekend and experience what West Virginia has to offer? Here are four of our favorite scenic mountain road trips to take...