Unfortunately it seems like car accidents are inevitable. Car accidents are always a tragedy, even if no one is injured. The reason a car accident is always a tragedy is because they are avoidable. If everyone on the road would follow all traffic laws, use their judgement in regards to road conditions and remained 100% focused on driving, most accidents could be prevented. Here are 14 car accident facts that are important to know.
- 40 percent of all fatal accidents involve alcohol.
- Each day an estimated 135,000,000 cars are on the roads in the U.S.
- The majority of car accidents occur within 3 miles of the driver’s home.
- Each year approximately 15 pedestrian students are killed by school buses—most often these accidents occur after school is out.
- Vehicle rollovers are the most deadly type of car accidents.
- According to various research men actually cause twice as many accidents as women.
- Teens are at a much higher risk of being injured or killed in car accidents. Each year 300,000 are injured and 5,000 are killed on average.
- When you talk on a cell phone while driving you are increasing your chance of being in an accident by 400 percent.
- The average text message takes 4.6 seconds to write and send. While driving that would take your eyes off the road long enough to drive the length of a football field blind if you are traveling at 55 miles per hour.
- Weekends, between midnight and 3 a.m., are the most likely time for a person to be involved in a fatal crash.
- It takes an airbag 40 milliseconds to fully inflate after an accident.
- Most car accidents occur within three miles of a person’s home.
- Correctly used seat-belts reduce the risk of death in a crash by 61%
- In the time it took you to read this list there have been four car accidents. Statistics show that car accidents that involve injury occur every 14 seconds and every 12 minutes a car accident will be fatal.
We hope you learned something today reading these car accident facts. Remember safety is the most important thing while driving and you focus should always be on the road and it’s surroundings.
There’s a lot of facts about car, but there are 15 that you may be surprised to find out. While it’s not technically about car accidents, some cars transmissions took whale oil up until 1973. Each day in the US there are an estimated...
How Much Can You Afford We all hate budgets, but it’s important to sit down and figure out how much you can afford to pay for a car. Sometimes it’s surprising how high car payments will end up being. You can also find car payment calculators...
Know the statistics about fatal car accidents in West Virginia can help residents know what to avoid. In 2011, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported that there were 337 traffic incidents involving fatalities. The...
Here and East End Body Shop, we promise to provide unsurpassed professional collision repair service to the Huntington, West Virginia area. We focus on fulfilling our promise to each customer in three main areas: quality repairs, safety, and customer...
Our repair process ensures that your vehicle will be inspected and repaired by industry-certified technicians, whose priority is getting you back on the road safely. We work with all major insurance companies and each of our repairs have multiple...
Do you know these 10 facts about road safety from the World Health Organization? More than 1.2 million people die in road traffic crashes every year. As many as 50 million people are injured or disabled by road traffic crashes every year. Half of all crash...