Unfortunately it seems like car accidents are inevitable. Car accidents are always a tragedy, even if no one is injured. The reason a car accident is always a tragedy is because they are avoidable. If everyone on the road would follow all traffic laws, use their judgement in regards to road conditions and remained 100% focused on driving, most accidents could be prevented. Here are 14 car accident facts that are important to know.
- 40 percent of all fatal accidents involve alcohol.
- Each day an estimated 135,000,000 cars are on the roads in the U.S.
- The majority of car accidents occur within 3 miles of the driver’s home.
- Each year approximately 15 pedestrian students are killed by school buses—most often these accidents occur after school is out.
- Vehicle rollovers are the most deadly type of car accidents.
- According to various research men actually cause twice as many accidents as women.
- Teens are at a much higher risk of being injured or killed in car accidents. Each year 300,000 are injured and 5,000 are killed on average.
- When you talk on a cell phone while driving you are increasing your chance of being in an accident by 400 percent.
- The average text message takes 4.6 seconds to write and send. While driving that would take your eyes off the road long enough to drive the length of a football field blind if you are traveling at 55 miles per hour.
- Weekends, between midnight and 3 a.m., are the most likely time for a person to be involved in a fatal crash.
- It takes an airbag 40 milliseconds to fully inflate after an accident.
- Most car accidents occur within three miles of a person’s home.
- Correctly used seat-belts reduce the risk of death in a crash by 61%
- In the time it took you to read this list there have been four car accidents. Statistics show that car accidents that involve injury occur every 14 seconds and every 12 minutes a car accident will be fatal.
We hope you learned something today reading these car accident facts. Remember safety is the most important thing while driving and you focus should always be on the road and it’s surroundings.
The most common type of collision repair that is needed is cosmetic damage repair. This typically occurs when you have a fairly small car accident, like a fender bender or similar. You often see a lot of cars cruising around with dented in doors, missing bumpers, or...
We’re well into spring, and summer is just around the corner. That means your car is going to be getting a nice coating of dust due to desert storms and wind. Now is the best time to break out the washcloth and add a bit of shine to your vehicle. Upholstery Upkeep...
Owning a car can be a great experience, and one we often take for granted. That is, until someone rear ends you or causes auto body damage. Then it can be an incredibly frustrating and expensive asset to own. And finding a car repair shop in Pea Ridge, WV can be...
Is your car in the shop? We know it can be a total bummer. It’s rarely that your car is in the shop for something fun like a new paint job that you chose to do, it’s usually due to a collision or some other kind of necessary repair. So what can...
You've traveled far and wide and now you just want a spot to set up your camp, right? Or maybe you live in town and just want to take a "stay-cation" and get back in touch with nature. Either way, we've got three great campgrounds for you to choose from. Who doesn't...
Who doesn’t love a good weekend drive? West Virginia is flush with amazing, windy, curving mountain roads. So why not plan a nice drive for the weekend and experience what West Virginia has to offer? Here are four of our favorite scenic mountain road trips to take...